Now Hiring: Two principals for school leadership
The Deutsch-Skandinavische Gemeinschaftsschule (DSG) is a state-accredited primary and secondary school independently operated by the Montessori Stiftung Berlin. We currently support around 200 children and adolescents from school entrance to graduation (grade 10) based on a Scandinavian concept (Jesper Juul) as well as Montessori education. Grades 1-6 are bilingual (German/Danish, German/Norwegian and German/Swedish). The Scandinavian languages are continued in secondary school. English is taught from the first grade and later Spanish. We are at the forefront of digitalization while committed to a meaningful application of digital tools.
Seeking two principals for school leadership
We seek a new duo of school principals consisting of a Scandinavian and a German. Both are expected to guide our school into the future based on its successful establishment. The duo will be part of a four-person leadership group and receive support by the pedagogical and administrative directors.
- Professional school leadership, including personnel-, quality-, information- and resource management
- Organization of the pedagogical work
- Exchange and cooperation with other institutions of the Montessori Stiftung Berlin
- Professional advice to the foundation, to colleagues and parents
- Initiation of systematic quality development processes
- Advancement of the school’s digital development
- Collaboration in relevant committees and organizations
- Personnel and budget responsibilities
- Accountability to the managing board and the foundation’s executive board
A Good Fit?
- You hold the 2. Staatsexamen für das Lehramt an Grund- und/oder Sekundarstufe-I-Schulen (2nd state examination for primary and/or secondary level I schools) or a teaching certificate recognised as equivalent in Berlin (resp. an equivalent Scandinavian certificate).
- You have been teaching for a longer period at Montessori or Scandinavian schools and ideally bring along leadership experience.
- You wish to shape a modern school, enjoy “getting your hands dirty” and taking charge.
- You are experienced in differentiated teaching in mixed-age classrooms.
- You are familiar with multilingual educational concepts.
- You are excited to develop a school in the digital age.
- You are acquainted with the Scandinavian educational system.
- A loyal and pleasant working environment is as valuable to you as taking necessary decisions and supporting them.
- An open and appreciative approach towards children and parents goes without saying.
- You have proven knowledge in progressive education (Reformpädagogik).
- You hold a national or international Montessori Diploma or are willing to acquire it extra-occupationally.
- You are fluent in German and English or in English and a Scandinavian language of our school.
We offer space for pedagogical work during the school day as well as time for management, administration and ideas. Expect a diverse and challenging workplace at an internationally well-networked school. A great team and network await you as well as a comfortable working atmosphere, broad scope of decision-making and adequate remuneration.
If the opportunity speaks to you and you are aligned with most of the points above, we look forward to receiving your application exclusively digital by 30 June 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions and further information, please do not hesitate to contact the current principal or the pedagogical dean:
- Jacob Chammon (Principal of the DSG) at email@example.com
- Christian Grune (Pedagogical Dean of the Montessori Stiftung Berlin) at +49 (0)30 214 8018 31 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the school is at www.dsg-schule.de.